- Board (tri-fold)
- 1 die (red with gold dots)
- Instructions (under box lid)
- 32 page color booklet "A concise account of amphibious warfare in the Pacific during World War II"
- 14 yellow Japanese defender pieces
- 24 American divisions pieces in 4 colors (red, blue, green red)
- 6 pieces per color
- 2 Marine Divisions
- 2 Army Infantry Divisions
- 1 Naval Landing Support piece
- 1 Strategic Air Support piece
|US Division Pieces|
|Japanese Defender Pieces|
|32 Page Color Booklet|
I love the theme and design of this game. The pieces are nice, especially for their time, and the artwork on the board is really cool with pictures of US troops landing on the beach, aircraft carriers, Japanese Zeros and more. The board also has details of the islands and atolls being stormed, including the defenses and landed Japanese Zeros.
Stayed tuned for my next post where I will go through the game play.
Game: Hit the Beach
Publisher: Milton Bradley
Series: American Heritage Command Decision Strategy Games
Number of Players: 2-4 Players
Suggested Ages: 9 and up